[mythtv-users] Sched Direct shows Lost from 9:00-10:11?

Joel Means means.joel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:56:34 UTC 2009

> But do also check your "end late" setting for the Lost recording
> specifically -- yesterday's scheduled end time was 9:06 (PST), so 9:11
> sounds suspiciously like you have a 5 minute pad.  Look at next week's
> show in "Upcoming Recordings" -- I show it from 9:00-10:02; do you
> have 10:07?
>
> I've been meaning for a while to look into coding a feature to
> replicate overlap time in two files (so, for example, 9:01-9:11 would
> be in both the Lost and Life on Mars files), either directly or as a
> post-processing job.  I believe this should be possible with mpeg2
> files at least, but haven't gone into it.  Multirec can address the
> same issue, but not for other types of tuners.
>
> Josh

Yeah, multirec works nicely to achieve this, but it would be good to
see it in there for other tuners.  I don't know anything about
MythTV's code base, but it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to
write to two separate files from the same stream.  You might look at
the multirec code, as I don't think this part of the feature really
requires multiple streams in a multiplex.  That just happens to be the
only place it has been implemented at this point.  (Note that this is
what I think.  Anyone who actually knows different, feel free to
correct me).
Joel