[mythtv-users] Checking the video resolution over VGA

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 17:18:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Jay Broussard <jaybroussard at gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the easiest/most straightforward way to verify the resolution of a
> video Mythtv is playing when using a VGA connection?

The display resolution will always be whatever the X resolution is.
The determine the native resolution of the file, you can either read
the frontend log just as playback begins, or run ffmpeg -i filename on
the the file, which will tell you.

There will be new statetypes and icons in .22 which will show you
whether a given recording is SD, 720p, or 1080i.  Note that this won't
apply to MythVideo unless I (or someone else) get around to looking at
that.

Robert