[mythtv-users] Anyone have TH-46PZ85 (Panasonic Plasma) working with 1080p (Nvidia)

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Thu Feb 26 05:04:41 UTC 2009

Bryan Cromwell wrote:
> Anyone have TH-46PZ85 (Panasonic Plasma) working with 1080p working with
> a nvidia card?  I have tried dozens of modelines and default settings
> and I can't get 1080p over hdmi.
> If someone has it working can you send modeline or xorg.com
> <http://xorg.com>, Thanks

I've got one that's close (a TH-50PZ80), and I had HDMI running out of
my AppleTV (nvidia 7300 go chipset)...I had to switch back to component
since the audio over hdmi isn't working on the appletv yet.

Anyways, it didn't take anything special - I just plugged it in and ran
xorgcfg.  I've attached the xorg.conf that worked for me (note that I'm
running Gentoo, with xorg 1.3.0 and nvidia-drivers 173.14.09 on this
machine).  It pretty much just picks up all of the data via the TV's EDID...

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan