[mythtv-users] Happauge HVR-1800 . . . latest opinions?

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 20:48:50 UTC 2009

My mythbox currently has a Happauge PVR-150 and a pcHDTV3000. Working just fine.

My Comcast network is going "mostly all digital" in a couple of months.

The "low end" Basic Cable channels (2-32 or so) will still be available in analog form for a few years, but everything else (SciFi, Comedy Central, is being replaced with digital equivalents.

Because of this, I'm thinking of replacing the analog card with a
Happauge HVR-1800
(Huh, that pasted text came out as big bold text. Anyway.)

This card has an analog and a digital tuner.

Has anyone out there had a chance to really exercise it?

* General quality?
* Can it capture both analog and digital simultaneously?
* Any gotchas when it comes to integration into MythTV?

Thanks

sTefan