[mythtv-users] Digital channel gets another channels's program

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Wed Feb 25 04:55:59 UTC 2009

* Did a fresh scan for digital channels after deleting the existing ones.
* Entered XMLid codes for program listings for the "known" digital channels (QAM channels carrying broadcast digital channels . . .ABC, PBS, etc.)
* Edited 73#6, a newly scanned / detected QAM channel that I knew -- from Silicon Dust listing and from tuning to it with my HDTV -- was the digital version of the Sci Fi channel. I changed the name and added the XMLid code.
* Restarted the backend. Ran mythfilldatabase, with the refresh-all and add channel flags set.

* Started mythfront end. Went to the program grid. Hey, there's my new channel, with program listings!
* Started a program. Star Trek. It's recording!
* Went to the Media Library, Play Recordings. There's my program! And the little preview thumbnail shows . . . the president's address. I played it, and the "bug" shows that the channel is msnbc.
* Swtiched to my HDTV live tuner. Confirmed that 73#6 was still SciFi, and was playing Star Trek.
* Surfed around a bit. Determined that MSNBC was playing on 73#10.

SO . . . what gives? Is the mythtvsetup scanner for crap?

Also, I determined that manually added (as opposed to scanned and edited) digital channels plain don't work. Do I need to add a transport for the frequency of the channel, something that might have been done behind the scenes by the scanner?