[mythtv-users] Audio loses synch with video

Larry Finger Larry.Finger at lwfinger.net
Wed Feb 25 03:03:59 UTC 2009

I have a combined BE/FE running under openSUSE 11.1 using the latest code from
the Packman repo. When I run mythtv for Live TV, my sound and video are
synchronized when the program is started. Frequently that synchronization will
be lost with the video being about 1 second ahead of the audio. If I change
channels, synchronization is restored, only to be lost at some later time.

My tuner is a Hauppauge WinTV-USB2 analog device with the audio connected to the
Line-In port on the audio adapter. I do not use the USB audio.

When this audio slippage occurs, I see nothing logged by mythbackend, and I can
find no other logs from the system.

What should I do to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

Larry