[mythtv-users] [ATrpms-users] 'bijou' MythTV packages for your testing

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 02:17:10 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> wrote:
> As Axel asked, let me introduce the rationale behind the 'bijou'
> series of MythTV packages now in FC10's /testing.
>
> I've been using MythTV for more than three years (currently on CentOS
> 5.2), and have been patching it for as almost as long. Since I like
> using packages to obtain my software for their organization and
> convenience, I've always done so using ATrpms packages. Axel's asked
> me a few times over the years for me to share my customizations and,
> in a moment of weakness, I've agreed

These mythtv packages look interesting.  I've been anxious to try out
the VDPAU stuff, but I'd also like to try some of the other stuff,
like the HDHR multirec.  Before I give it a go I've got a couple of
questions.  Will these packages "upgrade" an existing ATrpms Mythtv
install?  If yes, what is the best way to upgrade with yum (my updater
of choice)?  Will 'yum --enablerepo=atrpms-testing update mythtv'
work?  If, for some reason, the packages don't work for me will I be
able to "downgrade" to the existing ATrpms mythtv packages without too
much trouble?

Thanks,
John