[mythtv-users] frontend losing connection from backend nightly

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 24 23:24:14 UTC 2009

Hi All

I have an issue where the frontend is losing connection from the backend nightly.

I have noticed similar posts on here and tried the suggested workarounds that I
could find.
1.) increasing timeouts on database
2.) turning on "delete files slowly"

One difference that I noticed between my post and other posts, is that I have to
completely reboot the PC for Mythtv to work again. Mythfrontend doesn't reconnect
on subsequent attempts and even shutting dowwn the backend (including Mysql)
doesn't seem to fix the problem at all...

Any advice..
Also how do I turn on relevant logging to help debug this.

cheers

Allan