[mythtv-users] [OT] - VUDU - On-Demand 1080p movies

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:46:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Brad Templeton
<brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:

> The comcast cable box spits out mp2 over the firewire.  Does anybody
> know if Comcast actually sends mp2 over thier QAM channels, or
> do they send mp4 and then have the cable-box up-transcode it to mp2
> to fit the spec (and then I re-transcode it down to mp4 again if I
> will not be watching it for a while, sigh

mp2 is an audio codec http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-1_Audio_Layer_II

I know you meant mpeg-2, you know you meant mpeg-2, its just in an
area with SO much confusion it pays to not misuse acronyms.

Well thats my rant for the day, nothing personal :)