[mythtv-users] Linux wall wart pulls 5 watts - could make a great master backend

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 21:00:02 UTC 2009

Marvell has released $100 dev kits of this new device. It is a small
wall wart that claims to run on 5 Watts. It has 512MB each of RAM and
Flash, and a 1.2GHz CPU, and gigabit ethernet, and usb 2.0. The
software and hardware is/will all be completely open source/spec. They
say the have ported a couple of the major Linux distributions already.
I was thinking this would be a nice master backend. I don't record
that much tv, and it would be nice to shutdown or S3 suspend my other
machines and then the only thing drawing power most of the day would
be this little thing.

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2009/02/100_linux_wallwart_launches.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890