[mythtv-users] [OT] - VUDU - On-Demand 1080p movies

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 19:10:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > This just in on a list I subscribe to:
> >
> > [QUOTE]
> >
> > VUDU, Inc., a leading provider of digital on-demand entertainment
> > products and services, today announced it has achieved another
> > industry milestone by becoming the first on-demand service to offer
> > high definition  movies for download to own on its popular 1080p
> > Internet Movie Player. HD movies are available for purchase today to
> > all Vudu owners.
> >
> > [QUOTE]
> >
> > I wonder what that would do to my Comcast bandwidth budget? ;-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Mark

FYI, Charter has started enforcing their new bandwidth policy. If you go
over 100GB a month (or 250GB for their higher plans) you get a warning on
the first two offenses. On the third offense they kill your service.  An
average Netflix HD movie via the Roku box is about 4 to 5 GB.