[mythtv-users] Watching and recording with Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T 500 PCI

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Tue Feb 24 14:16:56 UTC 2009

Lorenzo Cappelletti wrote:
> Then, I started a recording and tried to watch live TV.  Channels on
> different MUXes in Program Listing were grayed out.  I also tried to
> switch input (both with 'Y' key and via menu), but I wasn't able to
> tune on a different MUX.

Note that the "Y" key is not bound to any action in Mythtv v0.21. To
change input etc, open the menu during playback with the "M" key then
choose the option from the menu.

You may want to enable the option that avoids clashes between recordings
and LiveTV.

Question for anybody to answer:
I have seen the Y key mentioned many times. Is this a carry-over from
earlier versions, and more to the point, is it still in current
documentation/wiki etc that it does something?
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts