[mythtv-users] Trouble getting manually added QAM channel to recieve

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 04:26:14 UTC 2009

Comcast is eliminating the standard cable option in my area. The channels from 32 - 78 which were analog (and which I could record with my Happauge PVR-150) are going to be offered in digital.

Actually, the digital channels are already there. The Silicon Dust scan shows them, and my HDTV can tune them in.

They're not scrambled in any way, as far as I can tell.

So . . . my pcHDTV 3000 should be able to capture from them, right?

I used the schedule direct listing to get the XMLid numbers, and used the channel editor to give the channels proper names, callsigns, and added the XMLid numbers.

After mythfilldatabase --refresh=all, there they were on the grid!

Only, not quite. Recording fails. From the myth backend log:

DVBchan(4:0) Error: SetChannelByString(109#18): Failed to initialize multiple options.

Now, when I FIRST created the channels, but not when I edit them, the channel editor gives me a chance to enter a channel number of frequency. After a few failiures I tried recreating a channel, this time entering the frequency in the appropriate spot. No dice! (The frequency was from the Silicon Dust lineup database.)

So, what gives? I see that the Transport Editor has frequencies. Am I supposed to enter something there?

Any help greatly appreciated. I want to have these digital channels entered and running by the time that Comcast pulls the plug on analog!

Thanks

Stefan