[mythtv-users] Playstation 3 as UPnP client to MythTV

*malcolm* malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:55:36 UTC 2009

ryan patterson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net> wrote:
>
>> There's a few that do.  I use MediaTomb for downloaded video, and it
>> works very well.  The problem would be the lack of metadata.  I want to
>> select "ABC News", not "1020_20090221181900.mpg".
>>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythrename.pl

I've just checked and my master backend on Mythdora 10.21 shows as a
media server on my PS3.
It lists the files correctly by name / genre etc. The only problem is
that files of the same title don't have the sub titles, but at least
they appear to be listed in data order (oldest first).
All my recent backend recordings are UK PAL program streams (MPEG2) and
play fine.
In fact I'm using this as a backup whilst I try to fix a problem with
the sound on my 'real' frontend.