[mythtv-users] Where's my missing Videos? (trunk)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:25:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 8:50 AM, myShade <myshade at bredband.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 08:21 -0600, jedi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>    Some of you (like me) might have recently upgraded to trunk
>> and found that you can't find your videos anymore. MythVideo
>> seems to be completely unable to find them. If you're really
>> persistent, you may have even discovered that this problem
>> doesn't reproduce from a "fresh install".
>>
>>    Well, I tried it again this morning and poked around a bit
>> and it seems that the videometadata.hosts column is missing.
>> This in the SQL query that populates the file list for MythVideo.
>> A SQL error is being generated and MythVideo ends up with an
>> empty list of files.
>>
>>    Adding the missing column seems to fix the problem.
>
> Hi.
>
> Could you please post the sql syntax for a busy parent, please! ;)
>
> Br Fredrik

That shouldn't be necessary-- The code to update the DB schema is in
mythvideo's dbcheck.cpp.  The only reason the hosts column would not
be added would be if one had applied a patch updated the schema
number, making myth think the upgrade had already taken place.  There
are several patches in Trac right now that would cause something like
that (I say this as the author of a couple of them-- I had to add
hosts manually and update my patches to account for the new
current/next schema numbers).  I suspect the reason it was
unreproduceable on a fresh install was because that DB was allowed to
update normally.

Robert