[mythtv-users] Stupid question - deinterlacing

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Mon Feb 23 16:02:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 10:01 +0000, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
<snip>

I used to do this on my projection TV. It can only do 720p/1080i. Two
years or so back I had a GeForce 6150 onboard and the nvidia drivers
would not output decent 1080i signal. I ended up using a 1920x540p
modeline and it worked quite well.

I now have a 8400GS card and recent nvidia drivers that can do a decent
1080i output, but I have no way of doing a direct comparison to the old
system.

Google 1920x540 and try a modeline like that. You may need to turn off
some of the modeline validation from the nvidia driver. I know I had to
on my last system, but the newer drivers seem to be able to derive a
decent modeline even if EDID is wrong.

Cheers,
James