[mythtv-users] ATSC -scanning

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 15:52:42 UTC 2009

Just wanted to post that I managed to clear up the problem that I was having
with regard to my Green screen and scanning for watching HD programming. In
essence the problem was in the mythtv-setup in that I chose the incorrect
device when installing the card, originally I chose V4L from the menu which
to my surprise was "analog" not "digital".

So, I went back deleted all the cards and proceeded to select a DVB device
and after reading the wiki more closely it even states that DVB supports the
HD3000 "All of the features of the HD-3000 and HD-5500 are now supported by
the *DVB* drivers."

After selecting the DVB device I was able to do a scan and actually watch
HD...

Thanks for the help.

AJM,