[mythtv-users] Stupid question - deinterlacing

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Feb 22 21:04:41 UTC 2009

Allen Edwards wrote:
> I am getting confused here.  Every day I watch TV on my old 36 inch CRT
> TV that takes a 480i input (I assume) from an nvidia card.  My myth is
> set up for BOB2 but it cannot load because the TV doesn't have the frame
> rate so I am getting no deinterlacing.  It looks great.
>
> Her is why I think that bob is not loading:
> 2009-02-22 09:30:05.526 Video sync method can't support double framerate
> (refresh rate too low for bob deint)
>
> So, what am I missing here?

Same for me, except that I purposely don't even configure Bob.

Do you not find that your system has two modes, though? Sometimes
it looks great. Sometimes awful, with lots of double images on motion.
When it looks awful, hitting "back" or "pause" a few time fixes it.

When I first set up MythTv, the two modes weren't so obvious. That
was because I had TVDeflicker set up, and this made the good mode
slightly worse, and the bad mode slightly better.  I now put up with
the sometimes bad mode, because the good mode gives such a good result.

If you are not seeing this problem, then maybe you have your card
set up to give a vsync once per frame rather than once per field,
in which case I'd be very interested how.

Cheers,
	Paul.