[mythtv-users] Suggestions for dual-headed configuration

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Feb 22 14:33:05 UTC 2009

Richard Hartmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after reading what the wiki [1] has to offer wrt X.org setups, I am
> still unsure on how to set up my box.
>
> I have one GFX card with two DVI outlets (my old card & CPU seem to be
> beefy enough, after all. Yay). I want to use one for a desktop and the
> other one for my TV. For now, the TV will not be connected at all times
> as I decided to get some experience with my desktop before purchasing a
> dedicated system. Ideally, I would want to switch the secondary (TV)
> display on and off on demand without quitting my desktop session.
>
> Does this make sense? If yes, does anyone have a setup like this and
> is willing to share his/her xorg.conf?

OK, to clarify this:

If you want to run dual-head, meaning a single login, single keyboard
and mouse, and just have myth show up on one monitor and work on the
other, that's one thing.

If you want to run multi-seat, meaning a separate login on each screen,
each monitor has its own keyboard, mouse, and whatnot, that's another thing.

--Yan