[mythtv-users] Looking for Dual Head Help

myShade myshade at bredband.net
Sat Feb 21 17:46:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 09:27 -0800, Yan Seiner wrote:
> John Welch wrote:
> >
> > So, anyone get any suggestions on how I can make this work?  I think
> > what I want is two separate X servers each controlling one display,
> > but I can't figure out the proper xorg.conf for this configuration.  I
> > have read the section in the wiki page describing this setup, but it
> > is just not clicking with me.  Ideally I'd like to be able to use both
> > displays at the same time, like I can do now with my Xinerama setup,
> > but this is not absolutely essential as most of the time I'm really
> > only use one display or the other.
> >

> http://wiki.c3sl.ufpr.br/multiseat/index.php/NVidia_multiseat
>
> However, you will lose XvMC and compiz if that's an issue.  It's not for
> me as myth + Xorg + Xephyr are still < 70% of one core with this setup.
>
> However, be careful - the latest experimental xorg is not supported by
> nvidia binary blobs, so you really want to stay away from anything > 1.5.3
>

> --Yan

Hi.

Im using two desktops sharing mouse/keyboard.
Now im looking into give the desktops each mouse/keyboard.
Is it possible to dedicate m/k to the each desktops?
Or is it going with multiseat patches?

Might ask why. I moved into an apartment with preinstalled TP's, then i
can attach a KVM extender and just put monitor, m/k and audio in any
room i like, and im set with a silent and clean seat.

Br Fredrik