[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 05:04:56 UTC 2009

> By visiting the Hulu Site (whether or not you are a registered member)
> or using any of the Hulu Services on any of the Sites, you are accepting
> this Terms of Use.

And what law authorizes them to enforce this?  I understand that most of
their terms basically follow the relevant laws and obviously nobody can
argue with those restrictions, but what if I don't accept their conditions?
 On many sites you have to click a button and accept the conditions or you
can't get it.  Or you have to register and accept the conditions.  So, what
if I don't accept the conditions and am willing to say that I don't.  I have
no intension to break any law or lie about my intent.  What gives them the
right to restrict my use at that point?  It has to be some either statute or
contract law.  I will follow the statutes and have not entered into any
contract.  Am I obligated to follow their conditions just by going on the
site because they have some fine print in a sub menu?  If this is true, can
I put a clause on a sub menu on my site that gives me the right to any
visitors next paycheck?

I am unaware of any copyright law that restricts the right to read
something.  It isn't a readright law after all.

That said, Boxee must have been doing something that violates a copyright
law or they could have just ignored what hulu said.  They must have needed
an agreement from hulu to do what they wanted.

Anyway, my question was real, what gives them the right. I really don't know
and assume I must be missing what it is.

Allen