[mythtv-users] overscan problems with nvidia 8400 GS

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 03:42:26 UTC 2009

I presume nVidia is not responsive, or has nobody tried, yet?

> I'm building a front-end box in the basement now, with an 8400GS in it,
> so I'm watching this with great interest.  I have or have had an account
> on nvnet, or something like that.  So if nobody else has, I'll certainly
> be bringing this up.  I've only brought the box upstairs once so far to
> do a test hookup to the TV, and noticed no difference between 0.0 and
> 1.0 on the overscan setting in xorg.conf.  This can certainly be
> considered a BUG, and filed as such, since they have documented it.
>
> I'll make sure to have nvidia-settings installed before my next time
> fiddling.

In my initially google search I came across several forums where people said
they had complained at nvnet (I think) and their complaints weren't taken
seriously. It was suggested that they fix the modelines. But there were
quite a few people insisting it was a bug. Maybe if all of us mythtv folks
who just picked up a 8400 for VDPAU get over their and complain it will get
taken more seriously.