[mythtv-users] Skips during playback

Russ Chambliss, Jr. russchambliss at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 21:32:23 UTC 2009

When I am watching recorded shows for a while the playback starts to pop
about every 10 seconds or so.  If I exit out of the recording the menus and
commands are slow to respond.  It feels like something is working in the
background, hogging the memory.  If i go back into the video it will
continue to pop.  I can exit mythtv and restart the box and after that play
back will be fine.  I have checked the job queue under the information menu
and system status and all jobs are listed as completed. I dont have anything
else recording either.

Any ideas on what could cause the problem, or how i can see what else is
running on the computer in the background?
Thanks
Russ

Here are my specs:
Abit AN-M2HD