[mythtv-users] Streaming from XM Radio Online - possibly mythstream issue?

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Fri Feb 20 15:46:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 07:38:42 -0800 (PST), Pete Cap wrote
> List,
>
> I tried to set this up according to the instructions on the wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Integrate_XM)
but so far no dice.

> The current issue I'm having is that, although correct entries have been added to the menu (library.xml in
this case), they never show up in MythFrontend.  I believe this is because of the
<depends>mythstream</depends> tag -- although according to yum mythstream is in fact installed.

> What is the next troubleshooting step?  I think MythStream is something I really want to play around with
but I'm not even sure where to begin.  Thanks!

> --Pete

does this use the xamp external player or something internal to mythstream?
but any changes to the .xml files may need a frontend restart to see.plus Ive
noticed that the latest svn build no longer uses (MYTH_LOCATION)/share/mythtv/*.xml
files but rather the ones in share/mythtv/themes/ then either default or your
currently used theme name.  so you may have edited the wrong .xml files.

"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
--
Steve Heistand
steve at heistand.org