[mythtv-users] Recording failing + SOLUTION DTV SWITCH

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:17:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am running trunk rev 20009 and am having some issues with unreliable
recordings.  Tonight Surivior worked (7:00) but then Grey's (8:00)
Failed.  This is killing the WAF.

Looking at the logs i see nothing of intrest.  From the frontend it
looks like the failed rec works (its green) but when you click it
mythfrontend says it cant find the recording.  Looking the the storage
directories its not there.  Permissions are fine.  as some recording
that work are on bother d1 and d3.  Source is OTA HD with
HDHomeRun....

Ok wow, while i was writing this i decided to boot up windows and see
if i can pull channel 9 off HDHR.  Well, i could.  then i check the
freq. in myth DB and what i saw on config utility.

You wont guess what I found! Apparently the station changed freq after
the 17th!   (and antennaweb is not correct) I re-ran mythtv-setup and
bingo...working now.  UHH i hate this switch mess up.  If it would of
gone as planned i pry would of tested every channel.  Since it was
delayed I didnt pay any attention.

Stupid politicians and old ppl not ready!!!!!

--
Mitchell