[mythtv-users] Netflix Streaming on Mythbuntu

Pete pete at putzin.net
Thu Feb 19 21:04:13 UTC 2009

OK, so here's the 64K question. Has anyone followed up with Moonlight
2.0 releases to see if Netflix will work natively in Linux? To be
honest, based on the Moonlight roadmap
(http://www.mono-project.com/MoonlightRoadmap), it doesn't seem as if
this is out of the realm of possibility. Maybe even likely. Then, if
Moonlight works, why wouldn't it be possible to integrate the Moonlight
plugin into Myth such that you have a true Netflix streaming solution as
a myth video option?

So, investigating, I found others trying this, but until 2.0, Netflix
just won't work, and 2.0 is still a few months out assuming they stick
to the roadmap.

Time to jump back on the dev list and start asking how to integrate
Moonlight into the Myth code base.