[mythtv-users] Unable to create XvMC Surface. was: mythfrontend, watch TV: slow motion...

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 19 17:28:08 UTC 2009

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For the first time in ages I start up the frontend to watch some video.
> (normally I use the web based interface)
>
> Playing a recorded program results in slow motion video with no sound.
> I cannot get the speed to 'normal' using the keyboard.

Found out that somehow the playback profile was not set anymore to the
one for VIA XvMC.
Now I set it to VIA XvMC but the frontend still says stuff like:

2009-02-19 16:42:33.191 VideoOutputXv: XvMC Adaptor Name: 'XV_SWOV'
Unable to create XvMC Surface.

xine appears to works well with the xxmc video output so XvMC is
installed OK.

mythfrontend --version says:

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : exported
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_alsa using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_lirc using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live

So what could be wrong?

Kind regards,
Udo