[mythtv-users] OT - Unkillable Firefox Thread Problem

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 16:30:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:02 PM, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:
> On Wed, February 18, 2009 10:47 am, Steven Adeff wrote:
>> it's this reason I find the Foxmarks addon *very* helpful!
>
> Foxmarks is great, but you don't have to lose your bookmarks when you
> create a new profile even if you don't use it.  The bookmarks are stored
> in an HTML file inside the profile directory.  You can copy this out and
> the import it into the new profile.  For that matter, just copying it to
> the new profile is usually safe as the problem is rarely with the
> bookmarks file itself.

True, but now Foxmarks can store your logins and passwords as well,
which is the more painful thing to lose for many.

I also like being able to sync firefox between my work PC and my
laptop at home (and my account on my mom's pc when i go visit, etc).

--
Steve
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Steveadeff