[mythtv-users] NuvExport Again

DISAFAN disafan at aim.com
Thu Feb 19 16:20:44 UTC 2009

I hate to continue to bring up developing issues in Nuvexport, as we've
already established there will be no forward movement on them any time
soon, due to ffmpeg, transcode, etc issues, but I have to ask if anyone
has come up with any alternatives.

NuvExport is not an ideal solution because of previous reasons, and I
would rather something integrated into MythTV, even if it is merely a
plugin that takes the settings and pushes a user job onto the job queue,
or ideally additional support in the built-in transcoder for additonal
formats.

I've been unable to locate anyone working on anything of this nature.
So, I have to ask a few questions...is anyone aware of proposals for new
transcoding functionalities? What non-Nuvexport solutions have people
been using? has anyone had any luck adjusting nuvexport with unapproved
edits to work with upgraded versions of transcode/ffmpeg/mencoder?