[mythtv-users] ATSC -scanning

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Thu Feb 19 15:53:41 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 10:39 -0500, A JM wrote:
> Ah! much appreciated James, thanks.
>
> When I want to watch a digital channel on my TV I use 5.1or 5.2  does
> the # sign represent the period "." in the channelID field? (I think
> that's the channelID)
>
>  AJM,

Yes. On my TV connected directly to the cable line NBC is 103.1 (and
that is the channel I input from the TV remote to view it). In Myth I
never watch live TV, but I have remapped 103#1 to what it was under
digital cable (784).

When I first started clear QAM recording I had to do a manual recording
on each channel because I could not schedule without guide data. (I
could have gone through LiveTV and switch tuner, but that seemed more
clumsy than my approach.) Once the recording started I would watch it
until I knew which station it was. Once I had the channel number matched
to station I logged into my SD account and got the XMLTVID and used
MythWeb to edit the channel.

Cheers,
James