[mythtv-users] LiveTV preview with vdpau

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:02:26 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/19 Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com>:
> Jean-Yves never built support for PiP in his backport
> (<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/371713#371713>),
> and doesn't LiveTV preview use the PiP code?

that's not the only reason.

VDPAU can only decode one video at a time ; when you're in the EPG ;
the main video is still playing so you can't play another video in the
EPG.

(which is also why with some themes you have so visual corruption
appearing ; in fact it's just the video underneath appearing)

How does it behave in trunk BTW? ; do you get the video showing ?

> The bad pixmap window error pops up when bringing up any kind of page
> (Guide, Finder, Upcoming Recordings, etc.) without leaving playback,
> which I suppose LiveTV preview is a variant of. It's harmless, as far
> as I can tell; start reading from
> <URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/371789#371789>.

I would need to check where this error comes from ; but as you said ;
it's harmless so I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Plus I would need to know if this issue exists in trunk as well...