[mythtv-users] Leaving...

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:27:05 UTC 2009

> I did mention that one streaming movie is 100,000 more data than a
> years worth of emails from this list.
>
> On the other hand, if you can save $2000 a year on your mobile device,
> keeping that bill to only $1400 a year for downloading this list,
> ($10/MB) then that is real money.  You clearly have me on that one.
>
> But you need to include the extra time I spend to keep these messages
> plain text.  Probably 5 hours a year in wasted effort and at 10 cents
> an hour for my time is 25 times the storage cost.

This is ridiculous and silly. Gmail does support replying in plain
text, trimming messages takes only a matter of seconds, and using
proper quotation saves plenty of time on reading. HTML was designed to
draw web pages, not emails. That people opt to use it, is fine for
them, and as long as they're emailing someone that doesn't mind, they
are welcome to do that. When they are subscribed to a list that
specifically says not to do such things, one should not do such
things. And one should definitely not be arguing about their right to
do so, on said list. That's just plain rude.

And the responses that we have all made to this argument have wasted
more bandwidth than the html that could be drawing them.... twice.

~Jon