[mythtv-users] How to - Import QAM???

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 03:24:18 UTC 2009

I was trying to follow the guide on the wiki...

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adding_Digital_Cable_Channels_(For_ATSC/QAM_Tuner_Cards_--_USA/Canada)

 *Importing channels.conf*

"Next, I went to the Input Connections screen, mapped my new input to my DVB
card, and clicked on the Scan Channels button. Here I set my scan type to
import and provided the path to my channels.conf file. Myth imported this
information and created entries in my channel table.

You may need to add a Source before being able to import your channels.conf.
"

After a successful scan of QAM and now having a channels.conf file
Mythtv-setup no longer allows an import of a channels.conf  file with my V4L
(HD3000) input. I only have the capability to do a full scan which doesn't
find any of the HD, so how do I get this in the DB correctly?

AJM,