[mythtv-users] Leaving...

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 21:39:40 UTC 2009

> Maybe I'm off base and mailing lists should be able to scale indefinitely,
> but personally I find it hard to follow items of interest among so many
> mailings.

Gmail is nice.  Filter these messages into a folder.  All the replies show
up in a single line.  Scan the subjects and the first line without having to
open the message and star the ones you want to follow.  Then open the stared
ones and mark the rest read.

When you have a new question to ask, use gmails fantastic search to see if
has already been discussed.  After a few months, you can easily search back
far enough to avoid asking a recently discussed questions.

That points out why it is important to get the subject line correct.  And
way everyone has sympathy for some new poster who says "Help me please" in
the subject.  We were all there once.  I still am occasionally.

Allen