[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox Sound Issue

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:07:25 UTC 2009

> You've downloaded the RPM for F10 (Fedora 10), not CentOS 5.  You will
> need to build from source (or better yet, the source RPM), since I
> don't think there is a CentOS build on the website.  This will raise a
> few issues -- not the least of which is that you will probably have
> some dependencies you will need to resolve and you will have to edit
> your menu files for MythTV if you don't use the source RPM.

I knew it was a FC rpm but as there weren't any binary rpms for CentOS
I thought I'd give it a go as FC rpms often work on CentOS. Sorry if
I've led you on a bit of a goose chase there!

> Alternatively, I'll see if I can find a CentOS box on which to build
> you an RPM.  Are you on a x86_64 or i386 architecture?

I would really appreciate that as I don't really know how to build
binary rpms from source. I'm on i386.

Regards,
Phill