[mythtv-users] Setting specific xrandr mode based on the file's refresh rate

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 05:19:15 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/17 Boleslaw Ciesielski <bolek-mythtv at curl.com>:
> Actually, I think I was wrong... It seems that the whole XRRModeInfo is
> a lie, including the dotClock, hTotal and vTotal :-(

Was just coding some stuff, haven't tested yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't compute the proper refresh
rate, because looking at the xrandr source code ; that's how they find
50, 51 etc.. By computing from the dotclock htotal and vtotal...

> Did you try what happens when you put
>
> Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"

I did try with this.

xrandr then detects three available refresh rates for my TV: 50, 60
and 24. However, the screen will always be in 60Hz no matter what I
choose: 50 or 24.
nvidia-settings also reports that the refresh rate is 60Hz no matter
which rate I choose...

> in xorg.conf? This should disable the fake refresh stuff but I am not
> quite sure what the implications are.

It won't work unfortunately.

And I also want to have 23.976Hz and 59.94Hz available ; which don't
show up if dynamic twinview is disabled.

Jean-Yves