[mythtv-users] How to manually run "Update Video Database"?

jarpublic at gmail.com jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 05:03:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:54 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 02:22:38PM +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > 2009/2/17 jedi <jedi at mishnet.org>:
> > > ...unless you are comfortable writing data to the relevant tables
> yourself,
> > > then the answer is no. It would be really handy if it were otherwise
> though.
> > > OTOH, a homemade automated solution is not too difficult.
> >
> > You don't have to..
> > there is an automated solution available.. works great
>
>   Where? I'm not just talking about the basic detection of files. I also
> mean setting metadata and fetching posters. Being able to run it in cron
> would also be handy.

Check back through this thread. I suggested imdb bulk updater and provided a
link. Don't confuse it with the standard imdb.pl script. It does depend on
that script though. Imdb bulk updater is a script that will do everything
you suggest. It has command line switches for each of the feature you need
and more: It will add new files, remove missing files (if you want), fetch
metadata and posters from imdb, and it can be run from cron. I use it
regularly and it works great. Occasionally I don't like the poster that gets
pulled from imdb so I will go into mythweb and add a better one.