[mythtv-users] Problem playing mpg file from the Videos directory

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 04:46:32 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I moved a couple of mpg files from the Recordings directory to the Videos
> directory, scanned them with the Video Manager, and they play fine from
> Watch Videos.  Except I cannot skip forward or back at all.  If I try, the
> frontend locks up.  I get an OSD with the position when I try skip forward,
> but the picture doesn't change.  After a few seconds the OSD fades away.
>  Hitting Exit has no effect.
> Any ideas what's going on?

Hmm, I found a thread in the archive which mentioned using mythcommflag
--video, so I tried that.  Now I can skip through the video, but the
progress meter is very confused.   It thinks an hour show is 59 seconds
long.  Skipping ahead seems to skip by 30 minutes instead of 30 seconds, and
skipping back seems to skip by seven minutes instead of seven seconds.  But
on the bright side it's not locking up.

-Jerry