[mythtv-users] Wrong channel tuned on HDHR

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 00:45:21 UTC 2009

Harry Devine wrote:
> jr wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, so I have a pcHDTV5500 card and an HDHomerun.  My local ABC HD
>>> affiliate
>>> is channel 231.  The digital side of the pcHDTV5500 card tunes it
>>> fine but
>>> when I try to tune it in Myth from the HDHR, I get another channel.
>>> Here's
>>> what the channel info in Mythweb shows (sourceid 2 is my pcHDTV5500;
>>> 5 is my
>>> HDHR):
>>>
>>> SourceID   xmltvid   channum   callsign       name           freqid
>>>  finetune
>>> 2                  19612   231         WPVIDT   WPVIDT   113       0
>>> 5                  19612   231         WPVIDT   WPVIDT   113       2
>>>
>>> I tried changing the "finetune" value for sourceid 5 to 0 but it
>>> didn't make
>>> any difference.  On my Windows box, I go into the HDHR setup and that
>>> channel shows up as 113-1, and I can tune it properly.  Obviously I
>>> have
>>> something mismatched, so I thought I'd post this and see if anyone
>>> has any
>>> thoughts.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Harry

>> Harry,
>> I am futzing around with my channel table against a snafu with HDHR
>> myself..  Are you restarting the backend when you make changes?
>> Changes don't show unless you do.
>>
>> jr
>>

> I hadn't done that, but I just tried it and it didn't make any
> difference.  Here's the odd thing:  It looks like 2 of my channels are
> switched some how.  Let me explain:
>
> Channel 231 is the local ABC HD channel and Channel 248 is a
> weather-only NBC channel.  When I tune 231 or 248 on my pcHDTV5500
> card, I get the proper channels.  If I change the input by pressing Y,
> I get the other channel.  Being on 231 shows 248 content, yet the OSD
> shows 231's program info.  Conversely, going to 248 shows 231 content
> but 248's program info.
>
> What else should I be looking at?  I'll try and rescan later on the
> HDHR inputs to see if that makes a difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Harry

OK, I'm looking at the Channel Editor in Myth-Setup, and I'm not sure if
what I'm seeing is right, so I'd like some clarfication.  For my local
ABC HD channel, it shows, under the 3rd screen when I edit the channel,
the Frequency as 113 and the Finetune as 1.  The Windows utility shows
this channel as 113-1.  The channel that shows up is really 113-5.  The
program guide that shows up is correct for that channel (the ABC program
info), but the content is still another channel.

How can this be?  I haven't gotten around to deleting all channels on
the HDHR input as I have a few other recordings coming up on them
shortly, and the channels for those are all fine.  I can always make
sure to tell Myth to use my pcHDTV5500 Digital input for that channel,
but it would be nice to know that the HDHR input could handle it if need be.

Thanks,
Harry