[mythtv-users] ATSC -scanning

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Mon Feb 16 22:00:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 16:31 -0500, A JM wrote:
> By default do you have to point it to the card that your using? what
> happens if you have multiple cards in your backend?

When I was testing my DVB cards (Clear-QAM and ATSC OTA) I would
shutdown mythbackend and then run the scan command. By default it will
grab the first DVB device. In my case that was fine at first. Once the
first card was able to detect the channels I would tell scan to use the
second device:
scan -a 2 freq-file > channels2.conf
(where freq-file is one of /usr/share/[bunch more directories]/*-QAM256)
I did not need to give scan any other options because my DVB devices are
single tuner. They have both a software encoding frame grabber and the
DVB side, but only the DVB side is detected by scan.

Cheers,
James