[mythtv-users] HD Video Quality

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 16 21:08:53 UTC 2009

>>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116072
>>> 1 Gig of ram
>>> On board video for now (that will change quickly if that is the issue).
>>>
>>> I guess I'm just shocked that TiVo can put out such great video with such
>>> crap hardware (I know that there is some hardware decoding, I guess I need
>>> to figure that out for my system?)
>>>
>>> Thank you for your time and response in advance.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>
>> I think  your hardware should be fine for HD.  Why do you say it isn't?
>>  What settings?  Have you tried slim as the setting just to get a benchmark?
>>  I have a AMC 5400+ which isn't much more if any more processing power and
>> it is fine.  It doesn't work on CPU-- however but does work on CPU++ if you
>> can believe that.
>> Allen
>>

> I agree, I have very similar hardware. Have you look through the wiki?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/NVidiaProprietaryDriver#Choppy_video.2FHigh_CPU_Usage

I was about to suggest that may he is not using the proprietary nvidia
drivers for the video card.  The onboard 7xxx series card should be more
than enough along with the cpu.  I've been watching HD on a much less
powerful system for quite a while now using the High quality profile.
Athlon X2 3800+ onboard 6150.