[mythtv-users] Settings scheduler to record HD shows on HD tuner before falling back to analog tuners

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 18:43:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:28 PM, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com>wrote:

> Just to answer my own question, it seems to there is an option to
> "boost" the priority of HD-marked recordings.
>
> See "HDTV Priority" under http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html
>
> The short version is -- go to TV Settings > Recording Priorities >Set
> Recording Priorities.  There's an option to boost the priority for
> shows in that have the HD flag set.
>
> Although I'm not sure if this also preferentially moves SD recordings
> onto analog tuners.
>
> Thanks to Kevin for your help; I should have done a more thorough
> search before posting.

It doesn't change SD so you'll still find yourself in situations where you
have no "HD" recordings going on and SD on digital stations ends up being
recorded before the SD analog.  But then, I don't care much if that
happens.  I just hit the "Full Zoom" and it looks full-screen and the
picture is much better than the analog tuner.

Kevin