[mythtv-users] Xbox 360 Controller

David Meixner dpmeixner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 15:58:02 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Allen Edwards
>> <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

>> in

>> free

>> 10.

>> > Why do you want to use an X-Box controller to control myth?
>> > Can you share some benefits?
>> > Allen
>>
>> I suspect the answer is "because I can"
>>
>> Seriously though there are lots of buttons, its wireless, and a
>> joystick can be a quite intuitive way to control both menus and video.
>>

> I am being serious in my question.  I am always looking for a new good way
> to to control myth.  I bought an air mouse which I can say is not a good
> way.  I really asked because I wanted to hear the answer.
>
> Allen
>

> I originally set up the Xbox 360 controller to use with Mythgame, and then
found out it's pretty nice for controlling the entire frontend.  Like the
you don't need line-of-sight.  The only thing I've found missing that a
standard remote has is a number pad for channel changing, but I don't watch
live TV too much, so that's not a big deal for me.  I also haven't been able
to get it to work well with mplayer (or work at all with xine or vlc).  I'll
explore this a little more and see if I can find a solution.

I'll try and find some time later this week to create a wiki.

David