[mythtv-users] Netflix Streaming on Myth box?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Feb 16 15:50:14 UTC 2009

Andrew Burgess <aab at cichlid.com> says:
> About 11 Mbps if I did the arithmetic right

Yes. By contrast, other HD cable and OTA channels (whether truly over
the air or via cable) I have go up to, or close to, the theoretical
19.2Mbps maximum of ATSC/8VSB.

> Netflix claims HD now through the Roku box and they recommend a
> 4Mbps connection for HD.

No more "HD" (at least by our standards) than the "HD" option on Vimeo
videos.

> Did you see any recent announcements about the resolution being
> increased for your setup? Netflix emailed this info to me Jan 14th.

Not that I recall, but perhaps it didn't apply to Xbox 360 users like
me.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array