[mythtv-users] PCI videocard GeForce 8200/8400 (gpu 98) for vdpau

Matt Roberts matt.roberts at bigfoot.com
Mon Feb 16 03:43:17 UTC 2009

> Pentium 3 700/900 MGhz should be fine with vdpau. I'm testing on a
> dual-core atom 330 and percent cpu is so low it's silly. Humm, maybe I
> should try in an EPIA, they are dog slow.

I've been running 0.21 + VDPAU on a G98 board in my EPIA M10000 front-end for
a couple of weeks now, and it does fine.  The CPU load while playing 1080i
with Onefield deinterlacing is ~30%.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133245

I originally tried a G96, but it wouldn't cut it.  It required too much of the
host CPU.  SD playback put it at ~40%.  720p and 1080i pushed it over the
edge.  I ended up putting that one in my dekstop PC which has an AMD XP 3000+.

The G96, which was passively cooled also got way too hot.  Heat is not a
problem for the G98, which has a fan.

--
Matt