[mythtv-users] Setting specific xrandr mode based on the file's refresh rate

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:19:25 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/12 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
> Hum... won't apply cleanly on fixes ; and quite frankly looking at it
> I don't see how this could ever work properly ... at least it gives me
> a base to start from

For those interested, I've worked on this (using the patch mentioned
earlier as a starting point)

It now lets MythTV handles non-integer refresh rates (like 23.976Hz,
59.94Hz etc).

Also gives a mechanism to use Nvidia refresh rate. Nvidia drivers by
default assign a unique refresh rate for all resolution rather than
the actual rate: making it impossible to determine what the
appropriate rate really is
http://svn.mythtv.com/trac/ticket/5643#comment:5

The format of the refresh rate configuration file doesn't appear
properly in Trac as it changed all the formatting, it would be like
this:
#50 - "1920x1080 at 50"
#51 - "1920x1080 at 60"
#52 - "1920x1080 at 24"
#53 - "1920x1080 at 23.976"
#54 - "1920x1080 at 50i"
#55 - "1920x1080 at 60i"
#56 - "1920x1080 at 59.94"
#57 - "1920x1080 at 59.94i"
#1920x1080 mode:
1920,1080,50,50
1920,1080,60,51
1920,1080,24,52
1920,1080,23.976,53
1920,1080,59.94,56
1920,1200,60,50
---

My Ubuntu / VDPAU package in testing include this mod.

Jean-Yves