[mythtv-users] Need help with f'ing gray bars on 16:9 content

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Mon Feb 16 02:51:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 9:45 PM, MrVining <myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com
> wrote:

> For the life of me I can not find the setting that lets me adjust these
> bars I'm seeing.  Recorded ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX all of my HD playback puts
> gray bars on top and bottom of screen.  When I go into the Settings menu I
> found an option that lets me stretch Y vertically, and that lets me get
> aspect ratio correct, but the gray bars don't move.
>
> Going nuts please help.

I believe this is because your TV is not displaying the 16:9 content.  I had
this problem before when I was trying to display HD content on the non HD
video inputs of my TV.  I have Sony 1080i with 7 video inputs.  Video Inputs
1-3 are not  1080i.   So once I moved to video 7 using a DVI connection I
was getting the full 1080i and all looked good.

HTH
steve