[mythtv-users] "NVP: Video is 3.12705 frames behind audio (too slow), dropping frame to catch up."

Mike cpt_mocha at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 23:15:43 UTC 2009

I just recently upgraded to a nvidia 9500GT card and use the latest 180.29 driver.  After doing this, I started to see lots of stuttering while watching Live TV (using 0.21 fixes, SVNs in the 19xxx).  If I run mythfrontend -v playback, I see the messages in the subject line every minute or so, and it's accompanied by stuttering video.

Prior to the 9500GT card, I was using a 7600GS with the 177.xx nvidia driver.  I NEVER had this type of problem with that card/driver combo.  I've posted a few messages on nvnews with no suitable solution yet.

Perhaps the Myth devs can help out here?  Personally I think this is a nvidia driver bug, but I was just curious if there is any workaround that the Myth folks could provide.  Thanks.