[mythtv-users] SA 3250 No Longer Recognized.

Batshua bat Yehonatan batshua at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:00:09 UTC 2009

So, in the latest in this horrible saga, a few days ago we were told to take
our box in and do a swap for the right box.  The SA 3250 has TWO models, one
with FW, one without.  They gave us the one without.  Even though my mother
specified with.  The woman she talked to was SO not a techie and refused to
use her brain and call in someone with a clue.  She just kept repeating
"this is the model on the form, so this is what I'm going to give you".
So, I come home from class and we have this cable box that doesn't work with
my Mythbox.  I called TWC and I said YOU GAVE US THE WRONG BOX, YOU DIPS!
 (I was slightly more polite than that but not by much.)  I got someone who
offered to waive the install fee and have someone come out two days' hence
to replace the box.  He specified a model with FW.

Today the guy arrived.  He said "I brought you the newest model with FW." --
the SA 4250.  Myth doesn't recognize it.  I have a feeling the ports are
disabled.  Plugreport gives errors on node 0.

1) Is there some sort of troubleshooting I should be doing before I go for
another box swap?
2) How can I give myself teeth to get the $%^& box that I want already?

I mean, I have a legal right, don't I?  So ... what can I do?

Totally frustrated and hoping for a new angle of attack,
Batshua