[mythtv-users] Mpegs and DVD isos on xine on Fedora 9 and Fedora 10

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Sun Feb 15 01:23:33 UTC 2009

Recently xine stopped playing DVD isos and mpegs on my myth systems
and I would like to document the solution here.

Recent updates to Fedora 9 and Fedora 10 have eliminated the
xineplug_decode_mpeg2.so file from /usr/lib64/xine/plugins or
/usr/lib/xine/plugins directory. Without that file, xine will not
play a DVD iso or an mpeg file.

In order to reinstall that file into the plugins directory you need
to install the xine-lib-extras-freeworld rpm. It can be found at the
rpm.pbone.net, icm.edu.pl, or rpmfusion repositories.

-- Mache